Friday, April 9, 2010

                                                                       Reaching the peak.
Jungle Trekking at Bukit Gasing, Petaling Jaya.
On Sunday 7th. March 2010 I participated in the above RID3300 event. I heard so much of the place over the years. It is the only green lung left in Petaling Jaya areas. There is a danger that one day the 100 acres green is no more as rapid development is taking place around the area. Citizen got together forming association like "Friend of Bukit Gasing" to hilite the need to preserve the green lung for the future generations.
I was looking forward for some adventure. May be getting lost and of course to be rescued later with blazing  media coverage. That was only my imagination running wild.
Actually the trail is very user friendly. Certain steep slope are actually terraced to help the hikers. There is a look out tower and resting place for hiker to enjoy the view. No wild tiger and not even a leach on sight. After all we are actually is a cosmopolitan area.
All participant we armed with plastic bags and we were doing our part in picking up any litters around the place. The trail took me just one hour to conquer. It was fun and I like to do it again with my children next time.

No comments: