Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dear All,
I received a call from one of our member. He did not sound too pleased as he was alone at Kelab Sultan Sulaiman, waiting for the rest to turn up for our regular meeting. Obviously he did not know that the meeting had been cancelled, to be replaced by a joint meeting of group 12 and group 13 on the 31st July Friday at Kelab Shah Alam.I must admit it is hard enough to get member to attend meeting and when one attend a meeting it is expected that it is a productive one. I can understand his frustration as it also had happened to me in the past. To minimise of similar occurrence in the future I would like to propose a reminder in the form of SMS be sent to all members one day before the meeting, ie on Tuesday. This reminder to be sent by Rotarian in charge of Club Service. Any member who do not get the SMS by Tuesday midnight may enquire by SMS to him for verification. Of course any member may SMS President any time regrading any Club activity. We have yet to find an effective means of communications among Rckbrians. My proposal to use egroups and blog for this purpose seemed to be not practical until such time we all are regularly opening our mail box. I said before, I am prepared to conduct a short briefing on these subject.If you guys have other alternatives please bring it up during future meeting.
I wonder if Rckbrians are reading this blog.

No comments: